Monday, January 26, 2009

LI Shooting Range



Our weekend consisted of shooting off some rounds in Long Island for a friends 30th birthday and then heading to chow down on some Picnic Garden (Flushing, Queens), an all you can eat Korean BBQ joint, which we all haven't been back to since our college days. Tip, do not bring any nice jackets into the restaurant as you will come out smelling like bbq for weeks~! .

I was a bit nervous and anxious coming into the day as it would be the first time I put my hands on any firearms or ever shot anything other than a water pistol =D. The experience itself was very daunting at first, being a noob the AK-47 was a surprisingly very simple designed gun, with a fairly compact size, but a bit on the heavy side for me at least. The AK-47 is gas operated semi-automatic(fires only once), requiring the trigger to be released and depressed again for the next shot. With double locking lugs, each magazine contained about 25 rounds. Which I blew off in about 20 mins! I feel much more comfortable using my hands to cook~ So I will leave the guns to the professionals.


l.i. shooting range... not exactly the country club next door...


counter strike!


My aim was pretty bad..


Happy 30th Eddie!

No comments:

Post a Comment